Sunday 8 May 2011

Home from home

My blogging has been a little sparse lately and for that I apologise. However, I haven't been twiddling my thumbs here at English Rose Vintage. Oh no. I've been a very busy bee creating a little work space all of my own. It must be a Spring thing - you know - feathering my nest. Just like the little black bird that keeps stealing bits of the matting I've got on top of my tomatoes. I went into the garden the other day and wondered what had been scrabbling about and throwing the matting everywhere. Then later I saw a bit fly across the patio from the corner of my eye and spotted the culprit. I thought I would save it some time and also prevent more havoc so I broke some of the mat into little bits and scattered them around. They had all disappeared within a couple of hours so somewhere around here there is a very cosy little nest!

Anyway, back to my little nest. I decided that I needed to get organised. I'm constantly adding to my collection and, as much as I would like to just keep listing things on my Etsy shop, I was in danger of descending into chaos. I had no particular place of my own and things were being kept all over the house. As I'm currently living with a relative (my husband is a full time carer) It had been a matter of making do and fitting in. The time had come though to shuffle about the furniture and come up with some more useful space. And here it is.


It may be small but it's all mine.


It's got shelves for my accumulated goodies and space for my sewing machine.


Everything looks so pretty and it's much more inspiring to have a little space of your own to sit and ponder what to create or list next. I can't wait. In fact, I may be so happy sitting here that I may be unavailable for other stuff - household chores for example!

As you can see from the pictures, I have plenty of treasures to list in my shop, including a gorgeous Victorian steel-cut beaded coin purse picked up at an antiques fair over the weekend.


I've just listed my first item on Ebay too - a wonderful portable vintage Imperial typewriter - Good Companion Model T. If you love the idea of typing up your letters or thoughts on something vintage do pop over and take a look!


No comments:

Post a Comment