Monday 29 August 2011

Weekend Treasury

It's been a busy few weeks and I must apologise for the lack of blogging. As well as picking up lots more wonderful things to list on my shop I've been packing up and getting ready to move. It's been another opportunity to edit my belongings which I have to say I relish. Perhaps it's because I've moved so many times but I do sometimes feel burdoned by things and love to trim them down as often as I can. I'm pretty sentimental so I certainly couldn't destroy every item I own as Michael Landy did in Break Down - systematically cataloguing and then taking apart every single thing from family photographs to his car. However, at times like this I do think of the William Morris quote: Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful. It's a very good adage to edit your life by. I'm also very lucky in being able to have beautiful things around me while they wait to be sold in my Etsy shop. Talking of which, it might be a little while before I can list most of my collection but when we've moved I expect to be able to devote more time to it. I've also got some new projects in development and should be updating you soon!

This weekend treasury was inspired by some things that are definitely beautiful or useful, sometimes both, and would be worth keeping and displaying in any home.

Beautiful things to treasure forever
Sterling Silver Ame...

$52.00
Tower bridge - 8x...

$25.00
Green lace shawl (4...

$35.00
HeRMeS 9 TYPeWRiTeR...

$250.00
vintage electric &q...

$40.00
Moonstone Necklace ...

$96.00
Vintage Tole Moss G...

$30.00
Vintage 1950s Cockt...

$398.00
Reserved/Mid-Centur...

$1200.00
Large Leather Journ...

$50.00
Morning on the Lake...

$378.00
Moss green handbag ...

$28.00
Delicious Sage Gree...

$65.00
Earthy Layers Iron ...

$240.00
Vintage Wool Shawl,...

$200.00
Tall Painted Swivel...

$300.00

No comments:

Post a Comment