Friday 8 June 2012

Baby Alpaca

I think I'm in love with baby alpacas. Not just because they are enormously cute but their wool is so soft and warm, and doesn't make my skin itch (a big plus). I decided to set myself a woolly project to take away on holiday to Cornwall this year and so have treated myself to some of this beautiful baby alpaca, silk and cashmere blend wool.


The colour is Silvery Grey but when it arrived it is more of a soft aqua - which happens to be my most favourite colour. The wool, a fine lace, was on sale from Meadow Yarn in Suffolk and is made by a non-profit co-operative in Uruguay called Manos del Uruguay. I'm not much of a knitter but I do like to crochet sometimes and I recently bought a great book by Nicki Trench, Cute & Easy Crochet. It's full of useful projects from the very simple to the more complicated.


I'm taking a bit of a leap as I wouldn't call myself an advanced crocheter but I'm hoping I can make this beautiful shawl.



I'll post a picture of the finished article whatever it looks like - promise. And if the weather stays wet and windy while we're on the Lizard for two weeks I may get a lot of crocheting done! 


No comments:

Post a Comment