Friday 27 June 2014

Antibes Green

Hi all

I picked up an old wooden tray and an embroidered tray cloth at a junk shop in Ross on Wye the other day and thought I'd show you their transformation.

I have a tin of Annie Sloan 'Antibes Green' paint that I'm planning to revamp a display cabinet with but that's going to be a big project so in the meantime I used a little of it on this tray.


This is the tray after the first coat of chalk paint - still a bit of the wood showing through.


You don't need to do any preparation or rubbing down with this chalk paint, so I simply wiped the dirt off first. This is the tray when the second coat was drying.


I left it to dry overnight and then applied a coat of clear wax (also Annie Sloan) with a soft cloth, giving it a gentle buff to a soft shine.


This is the finished result. I'm going to leave it for a couple of days before using it to ensure it's completely dry. 


The tray cloth just needed a good soak to remove a couple of stains and it came up beautifully.



I love the embroidery on this cloth and it goes so well with the green tray.


Now I'm putting together a tea set to go with it - I have the teapot and milk jug so just need to find some cups and saucers!

No comments:

Post a Comment